Tuesday, June 4, 2013

FOOD REVIEW: Quiznos along Katipunan Ave.


When I passed by the then newly opened local franchise of Quizons at the BGC (Bonifacio Global City), I knew that I just had to try it. Unfortunately, months passed and I still haven’t managed to drop by.  It has been so long that they eventually opened another branch at the Regis Center along Katipunan which I must say is a good thing. It is way closer to where I live.  So when a friend and I decided to do something catching-up, I suggested we do so at Quiznos. 

RESTAURANT: QUIZNOS

FOOD: I ordered a regular of their signature subs, chicken carbonara – all-natural chicken, smokey bacon, all-natural mozzarella, sautéed mushroom, Parmesan Alfredo sauce. Sounds yum, right? I expected a heaping of all these ingredients where it would be impossible to eat the sub without getting messy. But look at what I got from the counter:


When on their facebook page, they said they'll be serving me this:


Needless to say, I was so disappointed that I wanted to get my money back.


SERVICE: The staff greeted us with warm smiles and were pretty helpful as I was trying to figure out what was I going to have. My order was brought to the counter, pretty quick but they were pretty slow with the cleaning up. I had to clear our table and take the previous diner’s rubbish to the bin.

ATMOSPHERE: Situated in a sliver of a space at the back of the Regis Center Lobby, I must say that there’s much left to be desired in this criteria. I get it that it’s a fast food joint meant to be more splash and dash than wine and dine.  But I don’t think that should be an excuse for this very unappealing space - cramped, bad lighting, and uncomfortable seats.  There were tables at the lobby, just outside Quiznos’ door but who would want to eat there?



PRICE: I hate to say this but based on my experience, it’s not worth it. They’re asking much for such a sad experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment