Tuesday, April 23, 2013

30 Days of Summer: Gay France


France made history yesterday as they passed a new law legalizing same-sex marriage on their shores. For the full story, here’s the report of the BBC.

Needless to say, I am very happy for my lovely gay friends. Here's another country recognizing their right to marry the person they want to spent the rest of their lives with. But I can’t help but also think that for one of the most visited countries on the planet, this is another way to attract some tourist dollars their way. France can now add same-sex couples to the list of people getting married in the most romantic city on earth. Not only can I hear the cameras go, 'click! click!'; there go the 'ka-ching! ka-ching!' of the registers, too.  




I, a single girl, couldn't pass up a visit to the Eiffel Tower. Those couples high on love don't stand a chance against the idea of a wedding in the city of lights. 



No comments:

Post a Comment