Monday, November 25, 2013

TRAVEL TV: Vacation! Vacation! Vacation!

Now, here's something I would love to do. 

In TLC's new show 'Vacation, Vacation, Vacation', hosts Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer will be giving the low down on the best budget and luxury destinations. In each thirty-minute episode, they would be tackling one type of holiday - romantic weekend or outdoor adventure while trying to find the best deals for every price point. 

They divide the job between them  - one going on that budget vacation while the other gets to enjoy the coveted luxury holiday. Well, it wouldn't be all fun and games for the lucky luxury holidaymaker since he gets to do a bit of work too - figuring out how viewers can go on the same dream vacation without having to sell the kids... err house. Kristie and Phil will have to go through their side of the holiday on whatever money they're given, looking for activities, meals, and accommodation. 

I kid you not, this holiday price wars is such a dream for me. I love searching for the best deals yet at the same time fantasize about holidays I would only be able to afford if I had a magical goose that lay golden eggs.

Now, being me, I've always been a budget traveler who occasionally splurging on certain things.  I particularly remember during a China holiday when I decided to have breakfast at the Peninsula Hong Kong because I wanted to eat longganisa. I didn't want to eat Chinese food anymore and been craving for Longsilog for days.  But because my brain was also on holiday, it didn't exactly put two and two together. I expected the buffet spread to be very much like the ones back home. So when I got to the Pen, as logic should've told me, there wasn't a single longganisa at the buffet table. There was a lot of yummy dimsum, though, which at that point wasn't really much welcomed. So what's the lesson here? If you want longganisa while on the road, try to find a Filipino grocery instead!  You'll get longganisa and it would come out cheaper! 


Anyhoo, 'Vacation, Vacation, Vacation' premieres tonight at 9:30 pm on TLC and encores every Wednesday at 4:30 pm, Thursday at 8:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.


Awww, how romantic is this - a beach picnic? 

Wonder where these two are going. 




No comments:

Post a Comment