Sunday, December 29, 2013

FOOD REVIEW: Izumi Curry and Grill

Taking a break from all the traditional fiesta fare, my friend Abe and I decided to try out the recently-opened Izumi Curry and Grill at the Podium. 

The first time I ate Japanese Curry was back in 2009, when my younger brother being just back from studying in Japan, was craving for some.  We went to the now-closed Curry Curry House at SM Megamall’s Atrium. He was happy with his curry as I was with mine. So that's why we never figured out why people didn't frequent the place. Sadness. 

With all the Japanese Curry sprouting around the metro, We wondered how this new one would fare. 

RESTAURANT: Izumi Curry and Grill
5/F The Podium
Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Mobile 0932-595-4537

FOOD: I must say the curry was pretty good.  And oh, a diner can ask for several helpings of rice.  I think I had three cups. Yes, the curry is that yum.

SERVICE: The service, I must admit, is really good. The food was quick enough to get out of the kitchen and the servers were happy to help us. They didn't get annoyed when I kept on asking for more rice. 

ATMOSPHERE: The decor was minimal and the booth that we ate at was pretty comfortable,  considering we spent around two hours in the place.  


PRICE: They're almost the same with the other Japanese Curry places around the metro. So if you think that they're reasonable or worth it, then you'll be okay with Izumi's prices. 


Izumi's rather neutral palette keeps one's attention on the food and one's company. 
Abe ordered the Yakiniku Beef Curry. ( P320) 
I had the US Pork Katsu Curry.  (P290) 

No comments:

Post a Comment