Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tourist Spots in Isabela : Magat Dam

Magat Dam is one of the largest dams in the Philippines, second only after San Roque Dam. It is located in the town of Ramon in Isabela. It is a large rock-fill dam and was constructed in 1975 and completed in 1982. It has two primary purposes: as a source of irrigation water and as a provider of hydroelectric power. It is one of the prominent tourist attractions in the province of Isabela.


Last May 2014, I visited Magat Dam and I was amazed how big it is. It was almost dark when I went there on my way back to Santiago City from Mayoyao in Ifugao. I informed the bus driver to drop me to the junction going to Magat Dam. 

I arrived in the junction in the town of Ramon, Isabela around 5PM. I chartered a tricycle for P250 (two-way) going to Magat Dam. The driver assured me that we will be able to get to Magat dam before it closes. After about 20 minutes, we arrived at Magat Dam and I immediately took my camera and started taking photos. 





There was not enough water when I went there. It was summer and it was not raining for the past weeks. The trike driver told me that it is better to come during rainy season as the water rises and it looks better. Probably, I should do it again soon. I'm coming back, Magat Dam.



How to Get To Magat Dam

From Santiago City take a jeep or van going to the town of Ramon. Tell the driver to drop you at the junction going to Magat Dam. From the junction, take a tricycle for P25/each or P125 if you charter a trike one-way.
Subscribe now to receive the latest updates on the hottest travel destinations in the Philippines & Beyond
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment