Sunday, June 19, 2016

Weather Spoon's Bagan: A Must-Try Restaurant in Bagan, Myanmar


I've only been to Bagan for two full days so I haven't really explored it that much. Since I do not have much time to explore the thousands of pagodas in the city I've tried my best to at least spend time scouting for the best restaurants to eat. I do not want to Google so together with my college friend, Evan we wander around Nyaung-U to the Old Bagan to try what's in store for our hungry tummies. While walking in the food strip, Weather Spoon's Bagan caught our attention since it was a full house. We waited for a couple of minutes but it looked like the customers were enjoying their local beer, burgers and pizzas so we decided to look for another restaurant to try.


We went back for dinner but again, Weather Spoon's Bagan was full so we tried another restaurant, again! We thought we'd never had a chance to try their food but luckily the next morning we're able to finally dine at the resto. There were not too many people when we arrived since it was still too early. Most of the visitors were still enjoying the sunrise view of Bagan. It was phenomenal by the way (I'll discuss this is my next post, hahaha)

A photo posted by Glen Santillan (@escapemanila) on

We tried their Myanmar-style Fish Curry and Myanmar-style beef curry, both were served with plain rice and equally delicious Myanmar-style salad. I paired my beef curry with their Papaya Salad and Evan ordered Tomato Salad. The food were really good. It's too different from the usual curry that I've tried. And the salad? It was delightful!





So, if you are planning to visit Bagan, I highly recommend you eat at Weather Spoon's Bagan. The restaurant is small and cozy and is a good place to meet fellow travelers.




Here's the menu of Weather Spoon's Bagan. 1USD is approximately 1,200 Myanmar Kyat.














No comments:

Post a Comment