Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HOTEL REVIEW: NH Constanza, Barcelona


Checking-in at the NH Constanza in Barcelona was a gift to myself. It was my last day in the city where I lost my heart  and so I thought it was fitting to end it sleeping on good sheets. I know that there are more posh hotels in the city but this modern sleek boutique hotel in the business district was just right.


LOCATION: Located in the L'Eixample, the hotel is a bit of walk from Barri Gotic. But if you're fond of walking or in town for business, then the distance is not going to be an issue. (1.75pts.)

SECURITY: They use security cards here. They better do. (2pts.)

CLEANLINESS: I came up to my room just as the cleaning lady was pushing her cart out of the room. And I am happy to report that she did a good job because the room was spotless. (2pts.)

STAFF: The staff, especially the receptionist, was notably so helpful and accommodating. The usual check-in time is 15:00 yet they let me in at 09:00. how (2pts.)

CHARACTER: NH Constanza is sleek, modern, and quietly elegant - something, I think, which is such a novelty in the city of Gaudi. And it seems that I am not the only one to appreciate such a thing since a couple of months after I stayed at the hotel, I saw it in a design book featuring noted Spanish designs. (2pts)

Total: 9.75 pts.



NH Constanza can be characterized as one huge box. 

The interiors echoes the clean lines of the building. 

This staircase dominates the intimate lobby and thus appears to be larger than life.

The mostly glass facade gives the lobby an bright airy atmosphere.  


Designed a big black block, one can hardly miss the front desk. 

The hallways are done in a sleek monochromatic look. 

Here's a look of the room where I stayed at. The muted tones, sleek lines, and mix of textures make for an understated sexiness. 

 To book a room, go to: www.nh-hoteles.es



*Images from the Internet











No comments:

Post a Comment