Thursday, March 28, 2013

Visita Iglesia 2013


Following the Catholic Lenten tradition, we went on visita iglesia - visit seven churches or religious sites. Seven appears to have quite the significance in the Catholic faith like the seven last words of Christ, Seven first Christian holy sites in Israel, Seven ancient basilicas of  Rome,  etc.  So to seven churches we went. 

1. OUR LADY OF THE ABANDONED, Marikina







2. CHURCH OF THE GESU,  Quezon City





3. STA. MARIA DELLA STRADA, Quezon City 


Add caption



4 REAL MONASTERIO DE STA. CLARA, Quezon City





5. CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY, Marikina




6. CHRIST THE KING, Quezon City 






7. STA. LUCIA PARISH, Pasig City 






I do not know if there were more people who did it this year but what I did notice is that it was definitely harder to park. It was so hard that it brought out the worst in some people. In fact, more than once, a driver snuck behind us as we were backing into our slot.

It took something more than myself, perhaps the grace of the Almighty, to stop me from getting out of the car and have a row with those as$es. I am not saying that I am a saint, far from it.  It took nothing less than something bigger than me to keep my head cool.  


If a little thing such as parking brought the worst in ourselves during the time when we should reflect the most, then what does it say about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment