Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snapshot of the Day: Camp John Hay Circa 1984

Because summer is just around the corner, I've been looking for the best spot to soak up the rays and waste away the day people watching. But rather than move towards the very near future, I took a few steps back and turned towards memory lane. I found myself flipping through my mother's albums and found this:

Camp John Hay: People Serving People for 80 years, including small people like us! 
Each year as far back as I can remember, my family and our friends would be spending a few much anticipated summer days in the mountains, the sea, or at a private resort in Pansol, Laguna.  No matter where we may be,  there would be much eating, laughing, and sightseeing. They would be the best of days and would pacify me throughout the school year.

This picture, as you can tell, was taken at Camp John Hay in 1984. If my memory serves me right, there were Americans still on the camp, and the city of Baguio was still a city of pines and still smelled of pines.

One thing about this picture puzzles me though. Why was I wearing a "sando" when everyone else was all bundled up?

No comments:

Post a Comment