Monday, March 21, 2016

An Amazing Trip to Japan

Japan has always been in my bucketlist since I started traveling in 2009. I am a freelancer so I thought it would be difficult to get a visa. Luckily, the Japanese Embassy in the Philippines  has made some adjustments to ease the process of getting a Japan Visa for Filipinos.

Enjoying the Cherry Blossom (Sakura) at Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden

There are a number of airlines that operate a route from Manila to different cities in Japan. Recently, Jetstar Japan has launched a new route from Manila to Narita and I was lucky enough to be on their inaugural flight. (Read: Jetstar Japan Launches Direct Manila-Tokyo Flight)

Jetstar Japan's Inaugural Flight from Manila to Narita in full capacity

The moment I got hold of my passport with  a Japan visa, I got really excited. Finally, I'll be able to visit Japan and it's the beginning of spring so I was really hoping to see the famous cherry blossom. I got my passport at around 6PM and the flight was at 1AM so imagine how paranoid I was. I thought I would not be able to fly that night. Fortunately, I did. Thanks to Holiday Travel and Tours, NGP Integrated Marketing Communications and Reli Travel and Tours, I got my visa just in time for Jetstar Japan's Inaugural Flight.

It was the longest 30 minutes of my traveling life. Visa approved! Just in time for JETSTAR Japan's Manila-Tokyo...
Posted by Glen Santillan on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The trip was very short but definitely sweet. We left Manila on March 16 and departed Japan on March 17. We basically had a full two days to enjoy Japan. We had loads of fun from the airport in Manila to exploring the attractions in Tokyo and Narita.

#Japan #Jafun sagot sa kahirapan! Hahaha. Pinoy travel bloggers @pinoytravelfreak @wandering1juan @escapemanila at @jetstar Japan's inaugural flight.
Posted by Glen Santillan on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The good thing about flying with Jetstar Japan from Manila is its flight schedule. The flight is at 1AM and arrives in Narita at around 6AM. It departs from Narita to Manila at 8PM and arrives in NAIA at around 12MN. So there, if you take a Jetstar flight, you'll have a chance to stretch your holiday from dawn to dusk.

Aside from the schedule, I also noticed the excellent customer service provided by both the cabin and the ground crews. The flight attendants were really courteous and they would make sure that you are comfortable with your flight. 

When we landed in Narita, we were kinda hungry so after clearing the immigration, we headed to the airport's food court and had our first meal in Japan. It was good and it wasn't that expensive as I thought it would be.

First meal here in #japan #EscapeManilaToJapan #travel #Jetstar Japan now flies to Tokyo and Osaka direct from...
Posted by Glen Santillan on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

After satisfying our gastronomic cravings, we took the Narita Express Train to Tokyo. We reached Tokyo station after almost an hour, took a cab and went straight to Ginza Capital Hotel. The regular check in time in Japan is at 3PM and checkout at 10AM. Since we arrived early, we just left our baggage in the hotel and explored the city as much as we could. I'll tell you more about it in my next post. All I can say for now is, it was really great to see Tokyo for the first time!

With new friends, Midori and Lina. Thank you both for showing us the beauty of Tokyo. Photo by +Pinoy Travel Freak 

We arrived back in the hotel at around 7PM, settled down and went out again to eat and shop. We discovered a small restaurant near the hotel which offers cheap but super delish meals. It became our instant favorite resto. 


After dinner, we walked to Ginza to shop but unfortunately, the stores close at 9PM so it was a bit disappointing. Hahaha. We head back to the hotel, slept and woke up early to go to the famous Tsukiji Fish Market. 

Within the vicinity of the Tsukiji Fish Market at dawn

We checked out at the hotel at 9AM and head back to Narita. We got a chance to explore Narita in a day. Thank you to the Narita Tourism Office for showing us what the city has to offer. Indeed, it's more than just a jump-off point to Tokyo. 

NARITA: Trying out Unagi for the first time

At 8PM we departed Narita and just like that, we arrived in Manila at around 12 midnight. It was really short but memorable. I wish to go back there soon and explore more. 

Thank you Jetstar Japan for the opportunity to see Narita and Tokyo. You're awesome! 

You can book your flights at www.jetstar.com


No comments:

Post a Comment