Sunday, December 9, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: a nut cracking Christmas at The Manila Hotel


I love the Manila Hotel not only for its history and superb service but because of its beautiful interiors. The bones are colonial and they remind me that once upon a time, a genteel Manila actually existed.

My first memory of the hotel was a four-year old me dipping one of her white shoes into the indoor pool of the Presidential suite. We were visiting a family friend that afternoon and I was dressed in an all-white ensemble. The elders were chatting in the living area and I managed to sneak away to explore the colossal suite.

I was back at the hotel a few days ago and its interiors, all decked-out for the holidays, delighted me as expected.  

The Manila Hotel – who is celebrating its centennial year – has chosen a nutcracker theme for this year’s holiday décor. Larger than life nutcrackers stand sentinel around the hotel lobby, complemented with greens dotted with red and gold balls.   

Tying with this year’s theme, The Manila Hotel is offering a limited edition Nutcracker Cookie Jar at P1,500 each. The proceeds from the sales will be donated to the House of Refuge Foundation, Inc., a foundation which helps abandoned and orphaned kids in Metro Manila. They do so through their three major programs - residential care, legal adoption, and independent living for older children.

I think this Nutcracker cookie jar is the perfect gift for a nutcracker collector, a cookie jar collector, or for that friend who can buy absolutely anything for herself.

For reservations, pls. call 527-0011 loc 1260 to 62. 

My older brother and I all-dressed up and ready to go!
This Nutcracker cookie jar is The Manila Hotel's gift of love this year. 
The Manila Hotel lobby all decked-out for the holidays. 
I really like their staircase.

Guess who are some of their most recent guests. 


No comments:

Post a Comment