Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Oklahoma Island | Baliangao, Misamis Occidental

It was a sunny morning when I decided to visit the town of Baliangao in the province of Misamis Occidental. I was staying in Dapitan and I already explored the city twice so I decided to visit another province instead. I didn't have any idea what to see in Misamis Occidental so I asked some friends and most of them told me to visit the town of Baliangao.


I left Dapitan early in the morning and took a bus going bound for Ozamis. I alighted at the Calamba Bus Terminal then took a habal-habal going to Baliangao. I was curious what to see in the town so I visited the municipal hall and asked for their tourism officer. They don't have a tourism office yet at the time of my visit but I was referred to the person in-charge and he gladly assisted me with my concerns. There's really nothing much to do in Baliangao so I was advised to pay a visit to Oklahoma Island, which I did.




I chartered a motorcycle going to the jump-off point. It was a private residence. I had to take a boat going to the island. It was roughly a 20-minute ride. The place where the boat was docked was picturesque. I like the green surrounding and the laid-back feel of the place. I was alone that time so I am not really sure how much I paid for the boat. 








How to go to Oklahoma Island
From Dipolog/Dapitan, take an Ozamis bound bus or if you are coming from Ozamis, take a Dipolog bound bus and alight at Calamba Bus Terminal. Ask around, there are tricycles going to Baliangao but the schedule is infrequent. The best thing to do is charter a habal-habal to bring you to Baliangao. You can either stop at the municipal hall or go straight to the jump-off point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment